Monday, September 5, 2011

Training begins Tuesday but relationship building is in progress

Already it is Monday and the TBPV training begins tomorrow morning.  Since I arrived I have developed a better sense of the staff involved in the project and I am pleased with their commitment to prioritizing this process.  I am looking foward to hearing how they will apply photovoice is a practical way for their community.  For example, the single use cameras will be used for the training and there is a photoshop that can develop the film in 1 hour.  But these cameras are not common place here and so this type of camera will not be an option for the Nakuru group.  We will have a full conversation about how to best fit their needs and contain their costs.

This morning, the faciliator, Alice Opiyo, of the exisiting Nakuru womens group arrived here in Nairobi for the start of the training tomorrow.  It is obvious that she has a mannerisms which will foster a positive relationship with the women selected for this project. I am glad I am having the opportunity to spend time with the 4 staff members of the TB ACTION group prior to the training.  It is giving me a better sense of who then are, how best to conduct the training, as well as anticipate possible concerns for the practical aspects of the project.

I have limited internet access in the next couple of days as I will be in the training.

Asante sana!

No comments:

Post a Comment